About the Role
The development team at SIGMA Equipment is like a software startup company hidden inside an internet B2B sales company. We have developed a number of our own applications but also work to integrate purchased software as well. We are looking for results-driven full stack software developers who are passionate about their work, keeps up with web technologies, embraces good development practices, and enjoys learning and collaborating with like-minded developers.
What You'll Do
As part of a diverse Agile Team, you will share the responsibility for the development of new and existing proprietary products on both web and mobile. You will also be responsible for cross-training developers on back-end technology best practices and implementation, while adhering to the full-stack development process.
- Strategy & Planning: Proactively identify solutions based on each project need, timeline, and code efficiency.
- Development : Using OOP design principles on a NodeJS stack building well engineered web pages and designing process driven functional useful software.
- Collaboration: A team driven environment using agile methodologies. Working together and playing off each others’ inputs and strengths to produce the best possible result that meets the goals outlined in the project vision.
- 3+ years of experience building web applications that utilize relational databases
- Proficient with JS and a passion to write code
- Experience with SQL Architecture, including queries, views, stored procedures
- Proficient with JS frameworks (React) or others such as Jquery, Angular, VueJS
- Solid understanding of object oriented design principles
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Intrinsically motivated with a passion for software development
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- A portfolio that showcases applications you've worked on and implemented
- A proficient understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with a team of developers using Agile methodologies or the Scrum framework
- Understanding of CI/CD process
- Understanding GraphQL
- Exposure to Cross Platform Mobile Development