About the Role
The development team at SIGMA Equipment is like a software startup company hidden inside an internet B2B sales company. Our web applications are built in-house to meet our needs, yet geared to exceed the pre-built solutions that our competitors use. We want to be the best in our industry and believe developing our own innovative web applications will get us there. We are looking for results-driven back-end software developers who are passionate about their work, keeps up with web technologies, embraces good development practices, and enjoys learning and collaborating with like-minded developers.
What You'll Do
As part of a diverse Scrum Team, you will share the responsibility for the development of new and existing proprietary products on both web and mobile. You will also be responsible for cross-training developers on back-end technology best practices and implementation, while adhering to the full-stack development process.
Strategy & Planning
Proactively identify solutions based on each project need, timeline, and code efficiency.
Using OOP design principles on a MVC stack building well engineered web pages and designing process driven functional useful software.
A team driven environment using Scrum methodologies. Working together and playing off each others’ inputs and strengths to produce the best possible result that meets the goals outlined in the project vision.
- 3+ years of experience building web applications that utilize relational databases
- Proficient with C# or Java and a passion to write code
- Experience with building SQL queries
- A proficient understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of object oriented design principles
- Solid understanding of full-stack development
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Intrinsically motivated with a passion for software development
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- A portfolio that showcases applications you've worked on and implemented
- Experience working with a team of developers using Agile methodologies or the Scrum framework
- Experience with Bootstrap, JQuery, React, Angular, or other CSS or JS frameworks
- Have an understanding of source control process
- Experience with Classic ASP/VBScript
- Exposure to Mobile Development (e.g. iOS, Android)