About the Role
The Technical Sales Specialist works on a 3-person inside sales team to sell SIGMA’s products and services. This is a commission based role where earnings and career growth are dependent upon individual drive and discipline to prospect, swift response to customer inquiries, follow up, and the ability to close the deal. There are specific performance metrics that must be achieved including required prospecting calls from an established customer database, the 5-minute call rule, defined sales targets, etc. A successful sales professional will fully utilize the CRM tool and will possess the personal motivation to recognize that effort and initiative are central to his or her success. This career opportunity requires effort, commitment, dedication, and contribution to earnings and consequently, there are also significant rewards associated with strong sales results, in addition to working with a great team of professionals.
Increase the sales revenue of the team and the organization by performing the following functions with the end goal of closing sales.
- Develops new sales opportunities prospecting from the customer database.
- Making a high volume of outbound prospecting calls to those in customer database is critical to this role’s success
- Develops sales opportunities by promptly responding to customer on-line and inbound call inquiries, building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotes
- Communicate with customers daily via telephone and email
- Emphasize product features based on analysis of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
- Research equipment specifications through web searches
- Follow-up on active projects
- Maintain customer database to set standards
- Enter new customer information
- Update existing customer information
- Submit updates to existing equipment listings with new details to Acquisitions team
- Verify equipment availability once quoted
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales and rentals
- Accountable to daily, weekly, monthly sales metrics to management team
- Collaborate with the marketing department as requested to improve customer satisfaction and thereby increase future client sales
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies, equipment information or marketing information
- 3+ Years of prior B2B sales experience required, preferably in a technical field
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting and closing sales opportunities
- Demonstrated experience utilizing CRM Tool and other electronic tools in the sales process
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry preferred but not required
- High school degree is required, college degree preferred, in a technical discipline is even better
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to travel
- Ability to receive US Passport
- Sales and Marketing: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Interacting With Computers: Using computers and computer systems to enter data, navigate the internet, and process information.