About the Role
SIGMA Surplus, an eCommerce division of SIGMA Equipment, is expanding and we are looking for enterprising, detail-oriented individuals to help us grow. Our eCommerce division sells small parts (servo motors, gear boxes, PLC’s, circuit breakers, etc.) used in the manufacturing industry on the eCommerce website. The assistant position involves prepping the inventory for photographing and storage and then creating the listing for eBay.
What You'll Do
On a daily basis you will use your mechanical ability to build skids, remove small, salable parts from larger equipment, and clean recently acquired parts to prepare for listing. You will then photograph the parts and generate the ad to be posted on eBay.
- Prep Activities: Building custom skids to aid in storage and shipping, dismantling small parts from large equipment that is tagged for recycling; light cleaning of equipment to prepare for photos.
- Computer & Internet: Record inventory items in database software which will create eBay listing. Research items on the internet for relevant information to include in ad and to get pricing comparisons to determine market value.
- Customer Service: Communicate with customers in a timely manner to answer their questions. Represent SIGMA in a professional manner to ensure return business and positive feedback on eBay ratings.
- Shipping: Retrieve sold items from storage - using a forklift when necessary. Prepare items for shipping or freight as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Prior forklift experience preferred
- Solid computer and internet research abilities
- eCommerce and photography experience a plus
- Must be dependable in reporting to work each day with availability for Saturday overtime as necessary