About the Role
Our team of technicians perform work in our 10,000 sq ft best in industry shop on equipment as engineering projects for our clients and perform equipment set up and testing for potential sales opportunities dependent upon client specifications. The Shop Project Coordinator will assist the shop manager with overall project scheduling and coordinating, ordering of parts, tracking invoices for both vendors and customers, and staying in touch with the customer as necessary.
What you'll do
- Order parts for engineering projects, monitor and follow up with lead time and delivery of parts (ie expediting, scheduling, etc)
- Invoice payment and processing for project spending
- Follow-up with customer requests and timeline adjustments for engineering projects
- Monitoring and scheduling engineering projects
- Send out weekly engineering project updates
- Schedule technicians and coordinate travel for on site services for start-up and/or service requests.
- Act as a backup to the shop manager for shop paperwork, quoting, etc.
- Create and implement inventory spare parts for rental inventory
- Schedule work to be brought over from the other warehouse using Insightly.
- Receive inbound calls for service issues and provide exceptional customer service
- May create shop videos, editing, uploading for functional videos.
- Two year degree in a technical or business field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years in a planning/coordination role, preferably in a maintenance or manufacturing environment.
- Maintains a high level of multi-tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion of projects. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Adept in utilizing software to produce documents, presentations and spreadsheets and the ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business and maintenance management systems.
- Proficient at writing well-formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, read, interpret and update engineering manuals/drawings relevant to the trade or the assigned task
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently without direct supervision or in a team environment
- Possesses strong customer service skills