About the Role:
This role supports the eCommerce department by testing and powering up electronic parts and components to prepare them for listing on our website.
What You'll Do:
As a Power Up Technician at SIGMA Equipment, you will be responsible for using voltage at an electronic test bench to energize electronics that are in high volume and prioritized categories for the eCommerce department. Such equipment includes variable frequency AC/DC drives, PLC’s, HMI’s (operator interface panels), 24VDC items, and other industrial related electronics. You will then prepare and organize items for prioritized listing on our site. As sales volume dictates, you may also be tasked with other listing and shipping duties including disassembling and listing equipment. There may be an occasional need (less than 10%) to travel to customer job sites to retrieve surplus equipment and components.
- A high school diploma is necessary but a 2 year degree in a technical related discipline is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of relevant electronics experience in an industrial setting is required
- Must possess a working understanding of AC/DC voltage and ohm’s law
- Must possess a working knowledge of electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to research literature and other avenues to find information regarding item specific wiring diagrams, schematics, and instructions
- Must possess attention to detail with a priority on electrical safety and lock out tag out procedures
- Must possess a demonstrated strong work ethic
- Must be able to keep work area clean and organized
- Must be able to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as workload dictates, in a disciplined and fast paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to work in a collaborative environment to improve processes and solve problems.
- Physical requirements - must possess the ability to stand for extended periods, routinely and repetitively lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift 50+ lbs