Works with warehouse team to receive, clean, present, photograph, video, document and skid all inbound equipment within the SIGMA Warehouse. This role is responsible for the safe movement of equipment and associated paperwork from inbound trucks through the warehouse process of cataloging, cleaning, and photographing the equipment to it’s appropriate inventory warehouse location.
- Assist warehouse lead in all shipping and receiving tasks as necessary; unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching inbound equipment to purchase orders and distributing to inbound que for purchasing associates to process.
- Managing daily work requirements of assigned team to ensure daily, weekly, monthly and yearly work goals are obtained.
- Using best practices cleaning techniques to properly present equipment on picture wall.
- Following proper triage methods for all inbound equipment into warehouse.
- Assist in moving materials and equipment from receiving or storage areas to documentation area or to other designated areas.
- Assist assigned documentation team in a supportive role to meet bi-weekly production goals.
- Assist in training new team members in the proper cleaning, documentation, skidding, and transporting of equipment.
- Recording items received, documented, and/or distributed within all SIGMA warehouses via appropriate SIGMA Equipment Data Control Center (DCC) program.
- Photograph equipment on ‘the wall’, uploads photos in to inventory management system.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for staff and customer traffic. Maintaining proper aisle ways for adherence to all Fire and OSHA codes.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and securing orders on pallet or crates, and relocating orders to an outbound holding area or shipping department.
- Preparing parcels for shipping by expediting company (i.e. - FedEx or UPS).
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate equipment tags.
- Assist in counting of yearly physical inventory.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies for your department.
- Sweeping, dusting, mopping and wiping down picture wall as needed.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment and safely operating fork lifts.
- Must be available to travel 10% of the time to rig out purchased equipment and for purchasing team assistance with onsite equipment documentation.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license which is a condition of employment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to manage complex work environment
- Self-motivated / Disciplined
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Intrinsically Motivated
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision
- Accept responsibility / accountability
- Sense of pride in work and getting it done right the first time
Skills / Knowledge
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read equipment manufacturers operation manuals, maintenance manuals and machine schematic drawings
- Ability to operate hand tools and measuring equipment
- Ability to use camera and computer for editing photographs