About the Role:
Sigma Equipment is expanding our logistics team. This team is responsible for arranging, negotiating, following up on the transportation of equipment from point of purchase to our facility and then again as equipment is sold to our customers. We are looking for individuals who are great team members, exceptional problem solvers, possess project management skills, are detailed oriented and a customer focused mindset.
What You'll Do:
Work with and across the logistics, acquisition, rigging groups, warehouse and transportation providers to plan, schedule, and coordinate the movement of equipment, people and materials in a timely and efficient manner. The logistics specialist will be the primary point of contact for the logistics function – with customers, trucking firms and internal departments as it relates to the movement of equipment.
- Develop project plan for load out of equipment at customer sites – timing, materials, transportation and rigging requirements
- Execute project plan for loadouts
- Negotiate trucking rates with third party logistics providers
- Negotiate pricing for contract rigging at job site
- Coordinate logistics on inbound and outbound equipment with warehouse, acquisitions, external agencies as well as buyers/sellers and brokered transactions
- Create customs documents for international shipping arrangements
- Coordinate freight, flights, hotel, transportation, etc. for rigging department
- Respond to information requests
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders for errors and discrepancies
- Enters all shipping and rigging costs into purchase order
- Audit freight cost and documentation
- Assist customers with shipping inquiries
- Prepares invoices for arranging customers rigging and transportation.
- Provides logistical support to on-site rigging teams, by coordinating trucks, additional special equipment, and other resources as necessary.
- Represents SIGMA Equipment in a professional manner to ensure customer and supplier confidence and return business
- Provides high level of customer service both to internal stakeholders as well as external customers
- High school diploma is required although a college degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in a logistics role
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Docs
- Must possess exceptional and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Freight broker/dispatch experience is strongly preferred
- Must be willing and able to travel to 15% of the time