About the Role
The Surplus division of Sigma Equipment is expanding and we are looking for enterprising, detail-oriented individuals to help us grow. Our Surplus division sells parts, components and smaller pieces of equipment used in the manufacturing industry on ecommerce websites. The position involves preparing incoming items for photographing, creating an eCommerce listing, and placing in inventory storage.
What You'll Do
On a daily basis you will use your carpentry ability to build skids for larger pieces, remove small, salable parts from larger equipment, and clean recently acquired parts to prepare for listing. You will then photograph the parts and generate the ad to be posted on ecommerce websites.
- Prep Activities:Building custom skids and crates to aid in storage and shipping. Dismantling small parts from large equipment that is tagged for recycling. Retrieving items from inbound location using a forklift. Cleaning equipment, which may include use of a power washer.
- Computer & Internet: Photograph and enter items into database software which will create an ecommerce listing. Research items on the internet for relevant information to include in ad and get pricing comparisons to determine market value.
- Customer Service: Communicate with customers in a timely manner to answer their questions. Represent Sigma in a professional manner to ensure return business.
- Shipping: Retrieve sold items from designated inventory location - using a forklift when necessary. Prepare items for shipping or freight as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a demonstrated work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Solid computer and internet research abilities
- ecommerce and photography experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to frequently lift 50+ lbs.
- Prior forklift experience preferred