About the Role:
SIGMA Equipment is doubling the size of our shop and expanding our team of talented technicians to work on a variety of processing and packaging equipment. We are looking for individuals who are great team members, exceptional problem solvers and enjoy working with their hands and minds.
What You'll Do:
Part of a skilled team, you will be responsible for applying electronic theory and principles of electrical circuits and electrical testing procedures to test, troubleshoot and repair production equipment. You will be responsible for assessing equipment, planning the work to be done - whether it be start up, set-to-size, service, repair, replacement of electrical, electronic, and mechanical components and programmable interventions, and ultimately in managing your projects.
- 3+ years working with pneumatics, electricity and PLCs in an industrial environment
- Associates degree in electronics technology, automation technology or equivalent certification.
- Demonstrated experience in repair and troubleshooting of equipment
- Documented proficient working knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s/controls/protocols platforms required.
- Mechanical aptitude/ability
- High level of electrical aptitude/ability
- Must be able to physically lift heavy materials/tools – up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong collaborative and critical thinking skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Sense of pride in work and getting it done right the first time
- Ability to think creatively to innovate and improve shop processes