About the Role
The Surplus division of Sigma Equipment is expanding and we are looking for enterprising, detail-oriented individuals to help us grow. Our Surplus division sells parts, components and smaller pieces of equipment used in the manufacturing industry on ecommerce websites. The position involves disassembling equipment, removing parts and components from equipment and preparing them for listing within our eCommerce department. This is a part time position and interested candidates must be available to work 16 - 24 hours per week.
What You'll Do
You will remove large and small, salable parts from larger equipment, and clean recently acquired parts to prepare for listing. You will sort and organize inbound Surplus items for listing based on size, model and value. For large items, the work may also involve building skids to secure the large items for inventory and future shipping. Dismantling small and large parts from large equipment that is tagged for recycling. Cleaning equipment, which may include use of a power washer. Building custom skids and crates to aid in storage and shipping.
- General warehouse duties such as cleaning, sweeping and consolidation of inventory
- Segregating scrap metals into corresponding bins
- Coordinate the movement of scrapped machinery with salvage yard
- May be required to safely move equipment with forklift
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a demonstrated work ethic and strong attention to detail; associate’s degree is preferred
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to frequently lift 50+ lbs.
- Prior forklift experience preferred